Skip to main content

Money....the magic

It's all about money.. honey!

My cousin used to say that whatever comes, it first comes to your pocket/wallet and then to your psyche. Later would it come to your physical being. He was scolded by one and all when he used to speak like this, but it is nothing but the truth that he used to utter.

Thinking about the same, if you fall ill or if someone of your closest circle falls ill, the first thing that hurts is your wallet/bank balance coz you need to spend on taking him/her to treatment etc etc. Then comes your psyche when you would get worried about how you would take care of that person. Then comes your physical strains of having to shuttle between office, home and clinic/hospital.

However, it is not that much of a different scenario if you fall ill. No wonder you will be physically tired and psychologically tired after hearing to every tom, dick or harry abt how to get treated or which doctor to approach for the perfect treatment, you will hurt even more by your wallet.

Lemme tell you that I found a very convenient time to fall ill at the end of last month. Salary not having been credited, no balance @ bank, no money @ home, the first impact was to the wallet naturally. The next impact was to the psyche coz I had fallen ill due to some neurological disorder (I guess) and whether I could have lied @ home and @ office not to make them get worried coz of my sake.

I was absolutely normal. I have been getting these kind of feelings on and off from the past 4/5 years. I have not bothered about this coz if it were to be something serious, it would not have lasted for 4/5 years. And if it is not serious, what is the use of getting it treated / shown to a doctor? One day, I was unable to sit @ office or ride my bike back home. So, asked my colleagues to drop me back home.. That triggered it all... My sis and mom were so worried that immediately, 8 - 10 phone calls were made to all known people and addresses / contact details of doctors were collected, a taxi was booked and I was rushed to a clinic in Jayanagar. Thankfully, the doc had left for the day already. So, I got a respite that day.

But unfortunately for me, both my colleagues and the people in my house forced me to get an appointment the next day with a neurologist, who promptly asked me to get a CT Scan and an EEG done, the reports of both were Normal. Then, he concluded this as a migraine. I don't get any headache. The neurologist did not inform how this started or why is it happening on and off from the past 4/5 years. He just prescribed me 90 tablets (30 * 3) and has asked me to sleep for a minimum of 7 hrs on consumption of the tablets. I dunno why, but ever since I started consuming the tablets, I've lost sleep.

So, losing sleep coz of tablets and making people @ home losing sleep and losing sleep even more coz I spent 3500/- bucks when It was not worth it... This entire episode SUCKS!

Now, to add to my woes, we got a mail from our executive director that our company is in a financial crunch and only 50% of our salaries would be credited to our account. WTF??? Should everything happen at the same time?

Without any money, how do I watch Sarkaar Raj? How would I repay my debt to my sister? How do I give her a proper send off?? How would I ever survive this month?

My dad, when he was alive, was mentioning that man lives on hope. Yeah right.. but if the hopes are crashed, would he not even die of hope???

Wish I would not have gone home that day by taking the help of my colleagues. If only I had gone home alone, it would have saved 3500/- plus the medicine costs of 300/- plus the doctor's consultation of 300/-.

There was a saying in Hindi, which goes thus:

"तुम राजा हो या भिकारी, तुमको तो है पैसे की बीमारी!"

The translation of the same is: "Be you a king or a beggar, money is your vice". Completely agree to that!

Why, even in HP7, Bellatrix Lestrange (Hermoine after consumption of Polyjuice Potion) is told by Travers that "Gold, filthy gold! We cannot live without it!"

Absolutely agree to the statement that MONEY IS EVERYTHING, AND YET NOTHING IF YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IMPORTANCE TO GIVE TO IT! For me, at this stage, MONEY IS SOMETHING VERY VERY IMPORTANT. Atleast, till I come to a particular stage when I can say I have achieved something!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE!!! ANDRE YENU???

Yen ide sisya life nalli??   yenu illa nakkan belagge eddare ade kittogiro mukha ade kittogiro brushu ade kittogiro snana ade kittogiro combu ade kittogiro mirror ade kittogiro wastebody mirrornalli ade kittogiro watchu ade kaacha ade kittogiro shoe ade kittogiro batte ade kittogiro bussu bus standnalli ade kittogiro figuregalu busnalli ade kittogiro colleaguesu ade kittogiro Old Madras Roadu OM Roadnalli ade kittogiro traffic jamu traffic jamnalli ade kittogiro ITPL figuregalu ade kittogiro KR Puram bridju ade kittogiro officu ade kittogiro Desktopu ade kittogiro clientu ade kittogiro bandli manageru ade kittogiro avana PJgalu PJgalige naguva ade kittogiru scrap figurgalu ade kittogiro GM emailsu ade kittogiro 10 gante tea breaku ade kittogiru toilet breaku ade kittogiro orkuttu orkutnalli ade kittogiro friendsu ade kittogiro cafeteria ade kittogiro leather chapathi Thali ade kittogiro afternoon walku ade kittogiro afternoon tea

The Truth - "Kannada Barutha"??? Kannada barbeku!

"Kannada Barutha??", ah! I am sure most of you in Bangalore would have heard this, but what is "kannada barutha?" here it goes. Bangalore the IT capital of India , the silicon city and now a Metro city opened its gates to almost all kinds of people. Very evidently the recent poll census proved that there are only 47% of original inhabitants in Bangalore/bengaluru. The life style of the city has seen a gradual change with Pizza Corners replacing MTR's, classy eat out's replacing "Vidyarthi Bhavans" and flashy pub's replacing all our "Mahalakshmi wine shops". "Change is inevitable" from the days of BEML, HAL and BHEL to INFOSYS, WIPRO; Bangalore has a new look now on the world map. Gone are the days where a typical Sunday for any bangalorean was a nice romantic walk on the pavements of "LALBAGH...", "rave idli and coffee.." at the nearest yet old looking MTR and a wonderful Annavra film either at Santosh o

Love or Infatuation

Infatuation is instant desire. It is one set of glands calling to another. Love, on the other hand, is friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows - one day at a time. Infatuation is marked by a feeling of insecurity, you are excited and eager, but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions, little bits and pieces about your beloved that you would just as soon not examine too closely. It might spoil the dream. Love is the quiet understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. It is real, it gives you strength and grows beyond you - to bolster your beloved. You are warned by his/her presence, even when is away. Long distances do not separate you. You want him/her near, but near or far, you know he/she is yours and you can wait. Infatuation says, "We must get married right away. I can't risk losing him/her." Love says, "Be patient, Don't Panic. He/she is yours. Plan your future with confidence." Infatuation